Thursday, March 27, 2014

More Than Just A Song But An Act Of Same Love



Same Love has been one of my favorite songs since the first time I heard it and I'll like to explain you why: It was July the 25th and I was in my host sister's car after my first visit to a  Baptist Church in Kansas City MO when she suddenly turns on the radio and this song starts to play. She look at me and says "I wish someday everyone in every part of the planet recognize the meaning of this song"

This song was writing by the raper Ben Haggerty (a.k.a) Macklemore in 2012  as part of the 74 Referendum of Washington, which legalize homosexual marriage in that State motivated by the love of his uncle to his partner who appear in the album's cover.  This has always be a controversial topic in every society, for some of us, homosexuality is just another of many ways to love, such as the love from  a mother to her own son or the love from an old couple that has been together for many years. But for other, love has some restrictions, like the song says "The right wing conservatives think it's a decision And you can be cured with some treatment and religion"  I believe that it's valid  to say that everyone has his own opinion, but what it's not fair is the fact that by making your opinion, you're taking or denying someones rights, and for me, Love is a right that everyone should have at least once in their life.
I believe in equality, and for me, that's what this songs is trying to teach us, and not just the song, cause as I say in the title, THIS is more than just a song about love, it's about the beautiful act of loving someone with all of your heart and that's why I choose this video to explain it even better. This happens in The Grammy's last presentation a couple of months ago, where a group of 33 different couples exchange their vows in front of a all crowd of people proving to us that when you know who you are, nothing else matters.







I mentioned my host sister before for a reason, two months after I left from the United States she explains me that her older brother, James, has finally declare to their parents that he was in love with a men, and even better, they were getting marry in Washington by next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment