Saturday, June 14, 2014

Song for the Stolen Generations



"Stolen Generation" is the name given to all those children who were forcibly removed  from their families by the Australian Government during 1910s and 1970s.

This situation had too many consequences, but the most important is the damage caused to all these children who were stealed from their families without prior notice and also the suffering of these families who saw how the Government took their children away without any explanation.

I was watching some videos on YouTube when I found a beautiful song that express all these pain that children and their families suffered during this period. The song was written by Teddy Everywhere who is also the interpreter. Sadly, I don't know very much about this man or his work as a singer/composer because he only have one video on his YouTube channel and there are no so much information. Despite this, I think that this is a wonderful song that make us feel empathy and at  the same time make us think about all these families and the damage that they suffered. I think that be worth thinking about it.


I hope you enjoy this song as much as I did, and also you could share with us

What did this song made you feel?


No comments:

Post a Comment